I read this and I thought about tons of things I want to do that I love, but I complain doing them, but once I start doing them, i remember how much I love them. Ask my husband about the things I love that I complain about doing. I asked for one example and he said: "soccer, star gazing, helping others..." and he turned around and continued what he was doing. So here's the story.
by Bradley Slade. taken from SEEING THE EVERYDAY
In October there is no place to be like out in the grapes. There are 20 grape plants in our yard, and October is when we harvest them to make grape juice. The air is sweet with the smell, and in the evening, when the autumn sun slants through the golden grape leaves, it seems like heaven. I love being out there picking grapes with my family, and the love it, too, once they get started and remember how it is. The problem is they seem to always forget.
Each year we have to get over the resistance to getting out and working in the vineyard. It reminds me of when I was young and my parents wanted me to work in the yard or around the house, and I always did what I could to get out of it. The funny thing is how, once I set to work and got my body warmed up a little, I really did enjoy working. It was satisfying to accomplish something, and the best part was spending time with my family in stories and song. I always know that if I can just get my children out there, even though picking and juicing will take a good week's work, I won't have any more complaining, and we'll have a great time.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment