"But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."
Submit yourselves, then, to God. [ ] Come near to God and he will come near to you." -James 4
I've always wanted more. A higher-paying job, my own house to decorate, let's not even talk about fashion...more shoes, more dresses, more belts and purses to match with the dresses and the shoes...longer days to do more...ultimately, not being satisfied or thankful for what God has given me.
I'm in no circumstance financially or with power to determine time to have all those things. And if I had more, would that make me happy and satisfied or will I just want more? Does not having more make me less in God's eyes? According to Scripture: nope. And I believe it. My husband thinks I'm perfectly fine without more. And I love him for that.
God planned things that way; He just wants to be close to me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
What do you want more of?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment