Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Will you be my Spartan woman?"

Because only Spartan women give birth to real men.

Yes, that is how he proposed.

This week we've been "oooh"ing and "ahh"ing at work because there was an engagement! CONGRATS (because I know you are reading this)!! I'm so happy for you!

Also, I found out today that one of my brothers is married and I didn't know. Ha! I know. Usually, the family knows and is invited to the wedding, but I guess not this time...anyway.



The engagement period is such a beautiful and special time in a young couple's life: when the young woman promises her hand in marriage to the man that she's always dreamed of. I might have some readers who think it's rather acceptable for the woman to ask the man, but I'm more traditionalist and think it's more than appropriate that a man propose.

Mr. Moore and I had been officially dating for 7 months on the day of our engagement. We were going out to D.C. to celebrate on a beautiful spring day. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and it was meant to be a simple date. Of course, I never failed to pick a special outfit for my dates. I went with a white skirt, a yellow top, and a jean jacket.

We walked around the Tidal Basin and he had a lunch box.
He said we were going to have a picnic and just enjoy our day together.
He started texting his roommate.
I became annoyed because there I was, dressed up, hungry, thirsty, and he was TEXTING HIS ROOMMATE!
So I end up throwing a fit and sitting on the grass to wait for him to stop texting.
He says: "Get up. come here, love."
I say: "NO. I'm going to wait until you are done texting. Because you are too busy for me."
.....This goes on for a few seconds then I finally gave up and extended my hand to him to help me get up.

...Our hands were held together...we walked towards the Lincoln Memorial...he turns to look at me.........."ah, what's this?" ...."uh..." ?????? BLANK OUT...
....he says something super-romantic....I have no idea what is happening...my mind goes blank....he says "you are beautiful and strong...I want to be with you always."

"Will you be my Spartan woman?"

The rest is history.

p.s.--He was texting his roommate because he ended up taking pictures of our special day. Thanks to Eugene, we have pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment