Ever since I heard about the slow bus, I cannot stop but think about me being on it. No, I'm not being politically incorrect...I'm literally talking about the slow bus...the bus that takes the slow runners to the end of the run.
I'm running the Army 10-miler in October and it's my first big race EVER. I just want to see if I can do it...I think I can.
But Saturday, while I was at a friend's party, some guy was telling us about how in marathons, when people look like they cannot finish it--they will load up a bus full of slow runners and take them to end of the race to wait for those who finish the race.
Ok, really, I just have to be at Mile 5 in 1.5hour. Here is what it says:
Time Limit - Runners must maintain a 15-minute pace and be at the 5 mile mark by 9:35am. Runners arriving at the 5 mile mark after 9:35am will not be allowed to complete the entire course. Officials will direct them to turn at the 14th Street and proceed directly to the 8 mile mark and then on to the Finish Line. If you are directed to proceed directly to the Finish Line at the 5 mile mark you will not receive an official 10-mile race time or result.
I'm afraid. Very afraid. Please pray for me.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteThe excitement of the race will keep you going.
True..your adrenaline will kick in..right at the beg too. I can maintain a really good pace once I'm past mile 2..however..I'm not so confident myself after mile 10..then again..I'm already past the slow bus point then anyway. Good luck sweetie..you'll b fine!
ReplyDelete